- Russ’s Markets collects the details provided by you on registration together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our web site and other sites accessible from them. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake including details of payment cards used.
- We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage which enables us to improve the services we provide.
Use of your information and your preferences
- We will use your information to provide and personalize our service. We will also use your contact details to regularly communicate with you. We may use your information to send you offers and news from Russ’s Markets and services or those of other carefully selected companies which we think may be of interest to you. We may contact you by post, email, telephone or fax for these purposes.
- Once you have registered to use www.super-saver.com, you will be provided with access to a “Preferences” page that will allow you to tailor our commercial communications to your preferences.
- To change your preferences simply click “Sign In” on the top menu bar. Once you have signed in you will see a “Preferences” link on the menu bar. Click “Preferences” and a page will load titled “Update Registration”. If you do not want to receive commercial communications from us, please select your choices by using the boxes available on that page.
- We like to hear your views to help us improve our service. From time to time, we may contact you by post, email, telephone or SMS to ask your opinions. Again, if you do not want to be contacted for this purpose, please make your choice on the “Preferences” page.
- Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
Disclosures of your information
- Your information may be used by all Russ’s Markets companies. We will never pass your personal data to anyone else, except for any successors to our business and the suppliers that process data on our behalf both in the US and abroad. We may also use and disclose non-personally identifiable information for marketing programs, advertisers and partners.
- Russ’s Markets displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- Russ’s Markets does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- We use both session ID cookies and/or persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
- Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. As described above this will restrict the online Russ’s Markets services you can use.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons)
We use clear gifs on our sites from Google Analytics, Double Click DART and Quantcast and other 3rd party vendors. This enables us to gauge the effectiveness of our services and marketing programs and ad targeting.
Mobile Device Unique Identifier
When connecting to Russ’s Markets via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, Russ’s Markets may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality. Certain Russ’s Markets services may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to the mobile device identification information. However, we will not use that phone number or share your number for the use of telemarketing.
When you download our mobile applications, Russ’s Markets obtains your consent to use information for pinpointing technology such as GPS and cell tower information. Super Saver may use and store this information, in combination with other location-based information such as IP address, billing postal code provided by your carrier or registration location, to provide enhanced location based services, serve location-targeted advertising, search results, and other content.
- The security of your personal information is very important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Once we received the data it is immediately re-encrypted prior to storage. By default, payment card data is permanently destroyed within 91 days of submission.
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here.